Vinyl Flooring Care & Maintenance
Keep your vinyl flooring looking great by following our care & maintenance guide.
Daily Care & Maintenance
We recommend the following care and maintenance routine for your vinyl flooring:
- Sweep your floors daily to help remove dirt, dust, and other debris harmful to your vinyl floors.
- Wipe your vinyl with a damp cloth as needed.
- Never mop or flood your vinyl floors with water, as this could cause warping and other damage.
- Place entry mats at the doors of your home and encourage your guests to remove their shoes before walking on your floors.
- Rearranging your area rugs and furniture periodically will prevent fading and sun damage.
Dealing With Vinyl Spills & Stains
When it comes to vinyl flooring, spills and stains are not a major cause for concern. Simply by wiping up your mess in a timely manner, you can prevent long-term damage to your vinyl flooring and the subflooring beneath. With vinyl and any other type of flooring you might have in your home, it's always best practice to address spills and messes immediately after they occur.