Tile Flooring Installation
In Rockwall, TX
Here are some helpful hints for proper installation of your tile flooring!
Before & After Your Tile Installation
Here’s a checklist of things to do before the installer arrives.
- Have a plan for your existing flooring. More specifically, know who is set to remove it. Is it your installation crew? Is it you? Knowing this ahead of time can save time and energy.
- Decide before installation who is moving your furniture. We recommend that you remove it before your installation crew arrives.
- Consider door clearances and measuring to ensure that your new flooring will not cause your door to stick or scuff the floor.
- If you plan to paint the room in question, do so before installing your flooring.
Here’s the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow during your tile installation:
- The tile must be installed over a level subfloor. This should be discussed before your installation.
- Your installer will establish a tile layout before spreading the mortar where the tile will be placed. After the mortar sets, the grout will be applied.
- The installation crew will clean the tiles and ensure the job site is clean. After the installation is complete, it may be necessary to stay off the floors for 24 to 48 hours.